Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sounds in the Night

Helga turned towards her husband Klaus in the dim light,
“I think they’ve finally are going to be quiet now. They’ve been going at their reveling all day and through the night. I haven’t had a moment of sleep. Klaus, Klaus are you listening to me.”

“Snore, snort, snore”

“How can you be sleeping? The noise, that carrying on, it’s all too much!”

“Huh, wha, snuffin, zzzzzz”

“Am I the only one bothered by this behavior? They have no restraint, no good breeding. They were having too much fun.”

“Snort, snore.”

“We’ve got to do something, somebody should let the authorities know about this disruption, otherwise there’ll be no end to this. I want you to go down to the neighborhood association office and tell them how upset we are. Klaus, honey are you listening to any thing I’m saying?”

“Snuffle, huh, yes, yes, I’ll clean the garage, dooont cha worry … snooore”

Off in the distance another peal of laughter rang out followed by a chorus of guffaws.

No comments: